Trip to Research Park
When you're there before 8:00 am, the turtles and ducks are very hungry, so we got them to come up very close and even coaxed some turtles out of the water.
Powersports class
Visit with Natalie
We visited the Houston Children's Museum, which is INCREDIBLE! There is so much to see, do, touch, and explore, and the kids had a great time. Our first stop was the "old time" pay phone exhibit.
Here, the kids are trying to roll golf balls into holes
"Where to, missy?" Notice Henry doing the pedals for Cade :)
This was my first time to see Henry walk, and it was so cute!
One of Cade's favorite spots was the Rainforest Room, where they had a huge bug display and a wind tunnel that whirled leaves around.
Waiting to check out at the grocery store
Strolling towards Main Street
Day in the Promises class
We said goodbye to Ms. Carolina and Ms. Shanon this week, who have been Cade's teachers for almost a year. They are both great and Cade has learned so much in this room.
Attempt at learning
I've been meaning to do this project all summer, so of course it finally happened the last week. Cade's teachers suggested that kids that stay at home during the summer do a letter hunt and matching game so they don't forget everything they learned last year.
So, since I spent SO MUCH time making this project, it deserves a spot on the blog. First, I cut out two of each letter. I glued one set to a large piece of paper and hid the other set of letters around the house. I tried to put the letters on objects that begin with that letter.
Cade's spot where we mark his height on the wall
Cade found each letter and matched them to the ones on the paper. Holly helped!
The finished product!
Cade also came up with words that started with each letter. Thank goodness for Zoe and Xavier that make X and Z easy for us!
This was a really fun project and I wish I had laminated the letters so we could do this again.
We ended the week with Jake and Luke's birthday party. Yummmm... cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment