Sunday, December 15, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

The Christmas season is upon us! I love the preparations all month long, and while I am a little more sleep deprived and hectic this year than I would like, I am so thankful for the opportunity to celebrate Jesus's birth with our new family of four!

As the good Germans that we are, we welcomed St. Nick on December 5. Everyone was good this year, so there was no coal in the stockings!



On a cold, cold Sunday night, we attended the Living Nativity at our church. I love the sweet innocence of the youth that put on this program. It is the perfect reminder of the miraculous night that we are celebrating. After the program, we gathered in the fellowship hall for Christmas cookies and warm cider.



Decorating our new house for Christmas is really helping it feel like a home. Cade is incredibly excited about the decorations this year and was a big helper in putting everything out. Things are not always exactly where I would have put them, but he is so proud of himself when he decorates that I don't have the heart to move it (usually). I don't have pictures of any finished products except for Cade's tree because we are still waiting on ornaments and pictures to come in the mail. Our tree is in the dining room this year. It is a little strange not having it in our living room, but it is pretty through the front window and most importantly, it is out of sight (and therefore out of reach) of our busy, busy little girl!


No comments: